Both Governments and corporations (if there is a difference anymore) have gone apoplectic in their desire to destroy wikileaks and assassinate Julian Assange. The orchestrated attacks against Assange include but are not limited to:
* Shutting down Wikileaks servers, starting with the Amazon server
* Stopping domain name server propagation
* Paypal refusing to send payments
* VISA and Mastercard refusing to process payments
* The Swiss Bank PostFinance shutting down Assange's account
* Senator Lieberman pressuring firms over Wikileaks
* The odd behavior of prosecutors in the Assange rape accusations/case
Because wikileaks has proven some uncomfortable truths: that the UK fixed their inquiry into the war, that the US forced Spain to stop investigated war criminals from the Bush administration, and many other things. We have only seen the tip of the spear in Julian's hands.
Bank executives can defraud the entire world and go unpunished. War criminals walk amongst us daily with out fear of reprisal. But let one man speak truth to power, and his life is in danger, his bank accounts frozen, and yet no law has been broken: no charges filed.
Yes, Pogo, we have met the enemy. His name is NOT Julian Assange.